Last Updated on
Westinghouse 7861400 Ceiling Fan Review
If you’ve owned a few ceiling fans before, you’ll know that not all of them are made equal. Some are definitely better than others, but that doesn’t mean that you only have to shoot for the stars if you want the right unit for your home. Industrial fans are always better for larger spaces though, so if you’re looking for a way to cool a massive space, finding a top-rated industrial ceiling fan is important. One option that you can look into is the Westinghouse 7861400. This industrial fan is deemed as one of the best in the market today, offering great performance and quality build. Made by a renowned brand, this product is guaranteed to perform better than others.
Three 56-inch Blades
Three-blade fans are popular options for many homeowners for so many reasons. Aside from the fact that it’s well-balanced, meaning it can minimize the noise and boost the unit’s efficiency, it’s also capable of properly distributing the air in your home. The Westinghouse 7861400 uses three 56-inch blades to cover more surface area and circulate air better.
172-by-12-mm Cold-Rolled Steel Motor with Single Capacitor
A powerful fan is defined by a powerful motor encased in an equally strong housing. This is why the Westinghouse 7861400’s motor is enclosed in cold-rolled steel to secure its integrity and great shape. This also adds to the beauty of the entire ceiling fan unit as the cold-rolled steel really adds sleekness and stark charm of the product.
7,105 CFM Airflow
Brushed Nickel Material
Being an industrial ceiling fan, you can expect this unit to be a no-frills product. It’s very sleek and clean-looking, so it won’t have a hard time blending in most interiors. Its brushed nickel finish makes it look rougher and more rugged, adding a certain masculinity to a space. It easily spells no-nonsense in every space you put it in, making it a popular choice not only for industrial environments but for commercial and even residential spaces as well.
5-Speed Wall Control
To control the settings of the Westinghouse 7861400, it comes with a 5-speed wall control that you can attach at your eye level or lower. The control unit is primarily made with high grade plastic. It’s operated through a dial that you can easily turn to one of the six settings (one to turn it off and the other five to select the fan speed). Operation is very simple as all you need is to turn the dial and that’s pretty much it.
Other options are also available if you’re not a fan of the classic look of the unit’s wall control. You can find lots of other wall control units from Westinghouse or use a compatible universal remote. These will cost extra, though, so make sure to take note of this fact as well.
Ball Hanger Installation System
The design of this ceiling fan lets the actual blades hang, adding some character to your space. It’s also very easy to install so you don’t have to worry about hiring someone else to do it for you.
- It has an elegant and sleek look despite its industrial motif. It also won’t look out of place in an industrial setting. Thanks to its clean lines and brushed nickel material, this unit can be pretty versatile. You can use it in any large interior space, may it be at home, in a commercial space, or in an industrial setting.
- With a 15-year motor warranty, you can be sure that this unit will last a long time.
- It’s very sturdy. Made with brushed nickel, you don’t have to worry about the blades breaking and tearing into pieces when used at the highest speed setting.
- This unit only uses 63 watts of power, so it’s pretty efficient. This will help you cool any space easily without spending too much, creating a comfortable environment at a lower price.
- It’s very affordable. Industrial ceiling fans tend to have hefty price tags, so the Westinghouse 7861400’s friendly price is a great plus.
- It’s very quiet. Noise is a common problem for ceiling fans but that won’t be an issue for this unit. The motor is very quiet when in operation but you might still hear some whirring sounds when the unit is on top-speed as that will be the blades cutting through the wind.
- The unit is not outdoor rated. While the motor is encased in a steel housing, it’s not tested for outdoor use, so if you want to put it on a pergola or gazebo for your garden, you might want to think twice on that.
- The wall control has an outdated design. Some people may not be bothered by the old-school appearance of the wall control, but those who wish to use it inside their homes may have qualms in adding this retro looking panel on their walls. Luckily, you can get other control units to use with the product if you want to. It will cost you, though.
Westinghouse 7861400 Verdict
If you’re looking for an affordable industrial ceiling fan that you can rely on, the Westinghouse 7861400 is an option you shouldn’t miss. Made by a reputable manufacturer who has been in the industry for decades, you’re guaranteed that it is made of great quality, materials, and craftsmanship.
This unit is also very versatile. You can use it in your home, commercial space, or industrial location. It will perform great in every situation. Just make sure to keep the unit least 10 feet off the ground so you don’t have to worry about injuring someone when it’s being used on top speed. With its metal blades and high-speed, it’s bound to hurt someone seriously, so make sure to only install it in spaces with high ceilings.
Have you purchased this ceiling fan? We would love to know what you thought. Feel free to leave a comment below with your comments.
Found this review useful? Check out our other helpful reviews and articles:
Minka Aire Concept II Ceiling Fan Review
Haiku L Series Smart Ceiling Fan Review
Westinghouse 721400 Ceiling Fan Review
Minka-Aire F844 DK Light Wave Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53091 Builder Deluxe Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53237 Builder Plus Ceiling Fan Review
Best Vintage Ceiling Fans for 2017
Industrial Ceiling Fans 101 – What you need to know.