Furnishings that are equally functional and beautiful can be quite challenging to find.
Some are even pricier than their bland and generic counterparts.
This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be very picky about what to get for your home, though.
The nice pieces cost a lot because they’re more valuable and of better quality.
Take the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony for example.
You can tell that this product is gorgeous straight off the bat thanks to its unique 2-blade design.
Add to this the fact that it is made by Westinghouse, one of the leading names in the industry, and you’ve got yourself a great product waiting to be brought home.
What exactly makes the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony a good product? Check out its features below.
The appearance of the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony is the main reason why most people go for it. It’s a mix between classic and modern but nonetheless breathtaking. Some may even consider it to be a work of art, making it a great pick for homes who want the best looking traditional pieces with a twist.
Two 48” Weathered Maple Blades
The very thing that makes the Harmony unique is its two-blade design. It has a classic appeal to it, thanks to the fact that it only has two blades, like the first ceiling fans did, and weathered maple finish. However, it has a very modern twist to it, though, with the way the two blades are designed and accented with brushed nickel. Put together, it’s a very contemporary piece that can easily enhance the interiors of most homes today.
Opal Frosted Glass Light Fixture
Like other ceiling fans, the Harmony double duties as a lighting fixture as well with its light kit. You can put in two 40-watt torpedo light bulbs (included in the package) and top it off with an opal frosted glass for an elegant finish. This makes the fan even more functional with two electronics built in one gorgeous unit.
To further boost its functionality and make it ideal for all climates, the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony also has a reverse motor function making it ideal for summer and winter months. Enjoy the cool downdraft on blistering summers and the hot updraft on freezing winters.
With just a flip of the switch, the direction of the fan’s rotation will automatically change. For summer, it should go counterclockwise to help distribute the cool air that’s often found near the ground. For the winter, the blades should go clockwise to push down the warm air that hovers far from the ground. Doing this will help you cut down your cooling and heating costs effectively.
Four Speed Settings
There are four speed settings on the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony, which is 1 setting more than other domestic-use ceiling fans. This promises faster speeds, providing better air circulation and better cooling and heating effects. You can use the pull chain or wall unit to select the right setting for your needs.
Worried about the installation process? Fret not because this unit comes with a special mounting hardware that will make it easy for you to set the unit up even without a professional’s help. Even if you plan to attach it on a slanted ceiling, you won’t have a hard time with the help of this mounting hardware.
- It’s gorgeous. If you want a nice mix of classic and modern fixture for your home, this product is a perfect choice.
- It can help make your home more energy efficient. With its ability to circulate air effectively, you can easily cut energy consumption for your home’s heating or cooling. Thanks to its two-blade design and great balance, the motor will also be in great shape all the time.
- It can double duty. With a light kit, the Harmony is also multi-functional. You can easily use it as a lighting fixture at home.
- It’s easy to operate. You have two options to operate the unit: through the pull-chains or wall unit. You can also purchase a compatible universal remote control if you wish.
- It’s very easy to install. No matter what your ceiling is like, the mounting hardware will help you set the unit up effectively.
- The two incandescent bulbs that come with the unit are quite dim and consumes more energy. Most owners found a fix through replacing the bulbs with CFL or LED bulbs as they are brighter and more energy-efficient.
- It’s not for big rooms. With its size and two-blade design, it might not be able to cool a large room effectively.
- It doesn’t come with a remote control. This can be a challenge if you have a high ceiling or if you wish to place it on your foyer where people can get entangled with the pull chains.
- It’s quite pricey. It’s a bit pricier than other domestic-use ceiling fans.
Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony Verdict
Any contemporary home that loves mixing modern touches to classic furnishings will love the Westinghouse 7214100 Harmony. This product marries old-school and contemporary elements perfectly that it looks unique, expensive, and one of a kind. If you don’t mind the relatively higher price tag, this might just be the very fixture that you’ve been looking for.
Have you purchased this ceiling fan? We would love to know what you thought. Feel free to leave a comment below with your comments.
Found this review useful? Check out our other helpful reviews and articles:
Minka Aire Concept II F518-WH Ceiling Fan Review
Minka-Aire F844 DK Light Wave Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53091 Builder Deluxe Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53237 Builder Plus Ceiling Fan Review
Best Vintage Ceiling Fans for 2017
Industrial Ceiling Fans 101 – What you need to know.