Litex Urbana 48-Inch Ceiling Fan Review
While there are so many options nowadays when it comes to ceiling fans for your home, not all of them might suit your modern interiors. A lot of these products are still designed like they were a few decades ago so while there are plenty of choices, you might be stuck with the same classic motif. Of course, you can always opt for industrial fans if you’re after an ultra modern vibe for such an appliance, but they might be too powerful for your space. Industrial fans are created to produce really strong gusts of wind to cool or warm a large space, so it will prove to be too much, even at the lowest speed setting, in most residential and small commercial spaces. This might even pose a danger to your household’s safety. So, what are you supposed to do? Well, you can always look into the Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana ceiling fan. This product has a nice industrial fan vibe but is suited for residential needs. It practically hits two birds with one stone with everything that it has to offer.
Get to know the Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana with its features listed below.
Some people cannot stand the old-school appearance of many ceiling fans available nowadays so having a modern option for residential varieties is important. The Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana is a great choice for such as it has a very modern feel to it, thanks to its contemporary design. It will surely look good in contemporary homes, man caves, and even bachelor’s pads.
Four 48” Blades
As the number of blades decides the balance and effective air distribution of a ceiling fan, a 4-blade unit will be properly balanced and can effectively circulate air in your space. With its 48” measurement, it will suit an average sized room nicely.
Brushed Chrome Finish
Helping the unit achieve its industrial look is its brushed chrome finish on its body. Its choice of material allows it to look like an industrial fan instead of a classic residential ceiling fan. It’s really nice to look at and can add an edge to your modern interiors.
However, due to its materials, it can pose a danger to homes. It’s recommended that you install it at least 10 feet off the ground, making it not suitable for low-ceiling rooms.
Light Kit with Frosted Glass
Boosting the unit’s functionality is its light kit. It has one candelabra base and comes with 1 60w bulb in the package. The kit is topped off by a frosted glass bowl, creating a nice lighting fixture as well. If you’re not a fan of candelabra lights, you can also use LED bulbs with the unit to save more energy and brighten up the room.
Ceiling fans are great appliances to have at home because they have so many functionalities and can help make your home cozy all year round. The Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana is also one of the items you can use on a daily basis as it has a reversible motor that will help you cool your room in the summers and warm it up in the winters. All you need to do is flip a switch to change its directionality and determine whether it’s an updraft or downdraft that you’ll be enjoying for the season.
To operate this unit, you only have to deal with two pull-chains. One is for the light, the other is for the fan and its three settings. You can also get one of the universal remote controls available or a wall unit to attach the ceiling fan to. You might need some wiring know-how to get the wall unit working, though.
- It’s a very modern ceiling fan. If the wooden, classic ceiling fans won’t work for your contemporary home, this can be a solid alternative.
- With 6556 CFM, it’s definitely a powerful ceiling fan. It can easily cool or warm up an average-sized room without a hitch.
- It’s energy-efficient. As it only uses 60 watts to power this fan, you don’t have to worry about increasing your utility bills every time you use the fan. It might even help you cut down costs as it can effectively help in air circulation, letting you move cold or warm air in your space easily.
- It’s easy to install. The instructions are simple and the mount included really makes things easy for the user.
- The motor itself is quiet, but you should still expect to hear some whirring sounds as the blades can rotate pretty quickly so it will slice through the air and make some noise.
- It’s not for homes with low ceilings. Its material can pose some dangers to small homes.
- It can’t be installed on sloped ceilings.
- The bulb that comes with the unit is pretty dim as most candelabra bulbs are. However, you can replace it with a LED bulb if you want to make full use of the light kit.
- The blades are quite sharp, so if you’re cleaning it by hand, make sure to be careful. Never go near the blades when it’s turned on as it can easily injure you.
Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana Verdict
Powerful, modern-looking, and energy-efficient. These are just some of the best things that the Litex E-UB48BC4C1 Urbana can offer to your home. Add to this it’s friendly price and you really got a winning appliance waiting for you to take it home. If you have a relatively large room that needs a lot of temperature control, this can be the perfect pick. Just make sure that you have high ceilings that are no lower than 11 feet and you’re all set. This one is not for low ceiling rooms, so make sure never use it in such.
Have you purchased this ceiling fan? We would love to know what you thought. Feel free to leave a comment below with your comments.
Found this review useful? Check out our other helpful reviews and articles:
Minka Aire Concept II F518-WH
Haiku L Series Smart Ceiling Fan Review
Westinghouse 721400 Ceiling Fan Review
Minka-Aire F844 DK Light Wave Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53091 Builder Deluxe Ceiling Fan Review
Hunter 53237 Builder Plus Ceiling Fan Review
Best Vintage Ceiling Fans for 2017
Industrial Ceiling Fans 101 – What you need to know.